Being eco-certified through the Eco-Lighthouse Foundation commits us to constantly working to reduce our climate footprint. The first goal for NMH to become a climate-friendly institution is to
- limit our carbon footprint by reducing the number of flights by 30% by the end of 2023 and 40% by the end of 2025, measured up against 2019
- finance additional costs for train journeys
- upgrade meeting rooms for easy access to digital and hybrid meetings
- establish a green purchasing policy, and always choose a climate-friendly alternative. 90% of NMH's suppliers must be eco-friendly
- increase the proportion of cyclists, pedestrians and public transport travellers to and from NMH by establishing bike parking under a roof and with security
- reduce the amount of residual waste by 30% and increase our waste recycling
These goals are from the Academy's new climate and sustainability policy, implemented as part of the eco-certification process.